Protocol is working with an education provider in East London in the recruitment to the post of HR Manager. This is a part time 17.5 hours per week position paid at £17.5-19k per annum (equivalent to £35-38k full time). Work days are Tue PM, Thu and Fri. This is a fixed term 18 month contract initially but is likely to extend.
- Work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of colleagues and young people
- Manage the staff recruitment and induction process
- Submit childcare voucher, pension and Healthshield starters and leavers monthly
- Maintain staff HR files and SCR to ensure they are up to date including CPD and training records
- Set up systems to track and maintain records of staff holidays, sickness and absence
- Administrate the appraisal process and maintain central record of all appraisals
- Keep the staff contact list up to date
- Implement a staff page on the website and keep up to date
- Review and update company policies and procedures – ongoing where needed but mostly on a two-year cycle
- Prepare staff data for internal reports, Ofsted and external audits
- Manage and administrate grievance and discipline processes including completing file notes for warnings etc.
- Manage and record updates to staff contracts and terms
- First point of contact for staff HR matters
- Provide high level advice and strategic HR support to directors and managers
- Stay current with all relevant legislation and development in HR to ensure the organisation is at the forefront of best practice in this area
The person & qualifications
- CIPD qualified with active Associate or Chartered membership (essential)
- Experience of working at a management level in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of advising on HR related issues with a strong team working, relationship building and customer focus ethic
- Experience of working in public sector HR (desired but not essential)
- Confident in management of employee relations cases with ability to recognise key risks and provide commercial, risk-based advice to line managers and ensure complete and accurate tracking takes place
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.