Protocol is working with an education provider in Yorkshire in the recruitment to the post of Head of Compliance.
The post holder will be accountable for the provider’s strategic approach to Information Governance (IG) across its national and international sphere of academic and business operations and to ensure compliance with relative legislation, regulations and Group operational objectives.
The post-holder will also be responsible for preparing for any International, European or equivalent UK legislative requirements, in relation to IG. This role will oversee the development and implementation of a compliance programme that fulfils any legislative and business requirements.
The person & qualifications
- Experience in dealing with complex and confidential issues, employing tact, diplomacy, integrity, sensitivity and adaptability
- Practical knowledge of data breach incident management processes and best practice
- Experience of writing policies, procedures and guidance for practical use
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders and partners
- Knowledge of Information Governance principles and practice and a sound understanding if current IG issues and best practice
- Knowledge of management processes in regards to information security, records management and information sharing
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK legislation including the principles of the Human Rights Act, Data Protection Act, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, Freedom of Information Act, Caldicott Principles, Environmental Information Regulations and other IG legislation
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.