Protocol are proud to be working with an excellent Further Education college in the East Midlands area. The college has a reputation built on a long history of success which has resulted in the college being awarded TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) Gold, number one-ranked students union, Ofsted outstanding-rated apprenticeships, and 94% of their students progressing into work, further education or training.
The college is currently looking for Learning Support Assistants – on an on-going basis.
- To provide in-class support and online support to individuals and groups of learners, which includes note-taking, assisting with personal care and mobility support.
- To provide support for learners in order to promote access, integration and progression.
- To be involved in supporting learners across a range of courses from Entry level to Level 3 / A Level who have learning difficulties and disabilities including Dyslexia, Autism, ADHD and Hearing & Visual/Physical Impairments
The person & qualifications:
- Must have minimum NVQ Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care or Learning Support or other relevant qualification
- Previous experience or willingness to learn Makaton
- At least 12 months experience of working with learners with a disability and/or learning difficulties, preferably in a Secondary School or Further Education college
- Previous experience or willingness to undertake personal care duties when required (on the job training will be provided)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.