Why would you just share, when you can a Inspire?
If you’re in the Academic world, then publishing papers in your target journals, submitting a thesis and winning your next grant are key activities in any academic career. Our client in turn, helps their clients achieve these goals.
We are looking for an ‘Academic Relations Manager to create and nurture long-term relationships with our clients Academic clientele. You will resolve any issues that arise to ensure customers are satisfied with their services.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to grasp customer needs and brainstorm ways to fulfil them. If you also have a background in relationship management, or work within an academic setting and are adept at building relationships and delivering solutions, then you will be considered for this position.
Your ultimate goal will be to help them safeguard their revenue, retain their customers and drive solutions within the Post-Graduate and Academic market.
- Build relationships with key academic clients and post-graduates, those engaged within PhD’s and the research markets.
- Create plans to address clients’ business needs
- Advise clients on creating profitable processes
- Schedule regular meetings with customers to ensure they are satisfied
- Help up-sell or cross-sell services and products
- Ensure both the company and clients adhere to contract terms
- Set sales and revenue targets and work diligently to meet them
- Collaborate with internal teams to address customers’ needs
- Proven experience as a Client Relationship Manager / Business Development Manager / or a target and relationship driven Academic / PhD candidate, or those with in-depth knowledge of Academia and the post graduate / research space.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience tracking relevant KPIs (e.g. client satisfaction, data tracking metrics)
- Proficient in MS Office, with working knowledge of CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce or similar)
- A customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills including Stakeholder Management
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work well with a team
This role is flexible for the right candidate and can be offered on a FT or PT basis and our client places a lot of value in providing a good work/life balance.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We are more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we have got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received, then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.