Protocol is recruiting for a term time Student Safety Engagement Officer to develop positive and constructive relationships with students to enhance their personal and social education and enable them to fully participate in college activities. The role is based in Oldham, Greater Manchester.
Salary: up to £18,500
The person & qualifications
- Successful experience of working with young people
- Good IT, organisational and administration skills
- Display initiative, be positive and enthusiastic
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to and empathise with a broad range of students of different ages, from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Positively challenge and employ intervention and de-escalation tactics when dealing with issues of poor behaviour and student attitude
- Help manage the student public areas in a positive manner e.g. refectory
- Carry out regular ID checks, as required
- Maintain a safe and secure environment and be alert to hazards on the college site and potential security problems
- Promote positive engagement by the students through supporting and participating in enrichment activities
- Liaise with college staff on matters of student concerns, making appropriate referrals to internal support staff
- Maintain accurate accounts of behaviour incidents using college IT systems
- Work as part of a cross-college team to provide first aid to staff, students and visitors
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.