JOB TITLE: HE Student Advisor
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £21,082 per annum(£10,541 pro rata)
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College/University Centre Peterborough and have an exciting opportunity for a HE Student Advisor to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a part-time position working 18.5 hours a week (afternoons, Monday-Friday).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing impartial guidance and support to HE students at UCP. You will become familiar with all awarding criteria and UCP policy.
- Assist and support all HE students to complete and achieve their learning programmes by advising on the academic regulations and support options available.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to students when altering their mode of study.
- Communicate changed student statuses to Finance, MIS and awarding bodies as and when required.
- Assist the students with scheduling and organising learning signposting support mechanisms and resources available.
- Provide impartial guidance and support to students during the mitigation/appeals and extension process ensuring on-going liaison and communication to ensure student engagement.
The person & qualifications
- HND or degree in a relevant subject.
- Have GCSEs/Level 2 in English, Maths and IT at grade C or above.
- Level 3 Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) qualification is desirable.
- Experience of working in a support or information, advice and guidance role.
- Experience of handling confidential and sensitive information and using MS office.
- 30 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays and discretionary days.
- Free onsite car parking.
- Access to a gym onsite with competitive rates for employees.
- Opportunities to partake in a range of Health & Beauty treatments for discounted prices.
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please apply now!
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.