Protocol are working with a college in the Southwest in their appointment of a Head of Department for Health, Education and Care. This department is a large and diverse curriculum area, which delivers study programmes, adult professional programmes and HE Provision. With a recent college focus on growth, especially within their Higher Education provision, knowledge of this area is essential. The department is committed to student experience, believing in the importance of developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours which prove essential for a career within the sector. Focusing on Growth, Quality and Inclusion, the college aims to in deliver the best possible support and guidance to students and staff.
- To work in partnership with employers, the University Centre and Universities to effectively align current and future curriculum and qualifications to employer expectations and labour market demands.
- To lead the development of a high quality student experience, creating partnerships between academic and professional service team.
- To work across the whole College as a member of the College Leadership Team promoting and actively demonstrating the College’s values of integrity, respect, ambition and pride, fostering a culture of high expectations for staff and students.
The person & qualifications
- You will be qualified to degree level or hold an equivalent professional qualification.
- You will also hold a teaching and / or assessing qualification in further education.
- You will have experience of leading and managing provision up to level 6 and of successfully working with awarding organisation and / or university validating partners.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.