Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experience payroll officer on a full time temporary basis in the Walsall area.
This role will require an ENHANCED DBS
Salary: £10.00 – £12.00 Per Hour
The person & qualifications
- Qualified payroll specialist Level 2 or above qualification
- Experience of LGPS pension scheme
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills
- System implementation/change experience – Desirable
- To support the payroll function in order to deliver an efficient and effective service, complying with HRMC statutory requirements.
- To advise on issues of pay, tax, national insurance, and other voluntary deductions. This involves interpreting legislation and regulations to ensure correct advice is provided
- A good knowledge and understanding of Teachers and Local Government pensions, this involves interpreting legislation and regulations to ensure correct advice is provided.
- To maintain and administer VT/VT2000 teaching claim payments and produce monthly interface file for Payroll System Chris21.
- To support McCloud data gathering followed by system change and implementation support
- To ensure payroll procedures are fully compliant with current payroll techniques and legislation, which both comply within financial regulations.
- To provide support in ensuring that all PAYE and deduction payments are paid to the relevant bodies in a timely manner
- Confident and advanced in using Excel spreadsheets for extracting data using V-lookups and uploading into the payroll system, pension portal and producing graphic data
- To ensure collaborative working with college central functions.
- To monitor and report regularly on aspects of the payroll function
- Support Payroll Manager – automating the travel/subsistence/student/overtime claims
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.