Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Officer (temporary) in the Nottingham area.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
Salary: £16.00 – £20,00 Per Hour
The person & qualifications
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- 5 years practical experience of working in a health & safety and facilities management related role
- To undertake duties as directed by the Health and Safety Manager as required to ensure the client is in compliance with relevant statutory legislation.
- To keep under review the clients’ Health and Safety Policy and its Statement and to prepare/update etc supporting Procedures to ensure that the company meets all its obligations under health and safety legislation.
- To advise on matters relevant to Health and Safety as required by legislation, HSE guidance, Codes of Practice, AoC Guidance/advice etc. Also to advise on aspects of Fire Safety.
- To advise Heads of Faculty and Support Managers of actions which are required to be taken to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and practice.
- To keep all employees informed of their responsibilities to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- To ensure that all students are updated in respect of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety legislation and those required by the Curriculum offer.
- To keep the Health and Safety Manager updated in respect of all Health and Safety, Fire Safety, and associated matters.
- To liaise with and offer support to the Facilities Managers in respect of their responsibilities as they affect Health and Safety, to include contract input and evaluation, contractors on site etc.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted, you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.