Protocol are pleased to present a great opportunity for a dynamic individual qualified in Transport Planning to join a forward-thinking College in Nottinghamshire in a home-based role to teach, challenge, support and coach further education students who are studying their Transport Planning Technician Apprenticeship.
In addition to Transport Planning, it would be advantageous but not essential, if you hold experience or qualifications in management to be able to support remote assessment of Management and Team Leadership learners to level 3. You will be required to visit each site on a quarterly basis for additional support for the learner. Currently our sites are London, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Liverpool and Manchester.
You will hold an appropriate professional qualification (i.e. Transport Planning Degree, management degree) or hold extensive industry experience. Possession of a relevant teaching or assessing qualification and experience of teaching will also be an advantage but not essential as training can be offered to the right candidate.
You will be a role model for college students and will work to professional standards.
This is an exciting and challenging role that would suit an individual who is flexible in their approach, highly motivated and passionate about the subject, Transport Planning and learning. You will be expected to work flexibly including regular, routine evening delivery and interviewing.
You will be a highly self-motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess excellent communication, teaching and coaching skills and be able to demonstrate proven and positive impact on learners’ outcomes.
This position is full-time (37 hours per week) fixed term to 31st January 2023. You will be entitled to 25 days leave, plus bank holidays.
- Delivering the Apprenticeship standard of Transport Planning Technician including the BTEC level 3 Diploma in Transport Planning while developing learner’s work place behaviours, using remote systems, class sessions and 1-2-1 coaching techniques. A key part of the role is coordinating with employers and mentors to ensure the best learning experience for the apprentice, linking learning to workplace practices.
- To contribute to the development, delivery, assessment and quality procedures relating to programmes of study for groups of students on Pearson BTEC courses in line with awarding body requirements.
- To monitor and manage student progress using OneFile E-portfolio ensuring timely completion and monitoring of off the job training.
- To keep up-to-date with industry development and implementation of standards and general developmental and professional issues relating to the delivery of learning in your area.
- Where appropriate utilise your professional knowledge and skills to regularly review the apprentice’s progress against the standard and, in conjunction with the apprentice and employer, make informed judgements that clearly demonstrate that the apprentice is deemed competent against the relevant requirements of that standard.
The person & qualifications
- Transport Planning qualification at level 4 or above
- English to at least level 2 / Maths to at least level 2
- Experience in the industry of Transport Planning
- (Desirable) Professional membership of CIHT or EngTech
- (Desirable) PTLLS, AET or above teaching qualification
- (Desirable) Assessor Award or equivalent
- (Desirable) A Management qualification or equivalent experience to support remote assessment of Management and Team Leadership learners to level 3.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.