Protocol are working with a college in Nottinghamshire to present an exciting part-time opportunity to deliver and develop education and training to a range of students studying vocational qualifications in Procurement and Supply.
As part of a team you will plan, deliver and assess on the CIPS programme including higher apprenticeship courses, in line with Awarding Body and college requirements. You will contribute to the curriculum planning and activity for the CIPS programme at levels 3, 4, 5 with the possibility of developing additional short courses to ensure innovative, quality provision.
Ideally you will have understanding of the professional apprenticeship standards and governance, or be prepared to develop this area of knowledge. Knowledge of the associated funding system and apprenticeship standards is an advantage. You will hold an appropriate professional qualification (i.e. CIPS Professional Diploma Qualification Level 6) or significant experience in the Procurement sector. Possession of a relevant teaching qualification and experience of teaching will also be an advantage, however training can be offered to the right candidate.
This position is part-time, 22.2 hours per week (on a flexible basis). The salary will be within the Qualified Delivery Scale from £27,500 to £35,100 or Unqualified Delivery Scale £23,322 to £25,080. Pro rata for part time hours. You will be entitled to 32 days leave (plus bank holidays). Pro rata for part time hours.
- To contribute to the development, delivery, assessment and quality procedures relating to programmes of study for groups of students on CIPS Professional programmes at levels 3, 4, and 5.
- To contribute to the development, delivery, assessment and quality procedures relating to programmes of study for groups of students on Professional CIPS courses in line with awarding body and apprenticeship requirements.
- To develop and deliver short taster classes for procurement to support learners in other areas such as supply chain or business administration.
- Where appropriate act as personal tutor to a group/s of students and co-ordinate tutorial support liaising with the Course Co-ordinator. Provide accurate current feedback on progress and outcomes to managers and students.
- Where appropriate utilise your professional knowledge and skills to regularly review the apprentice’s progress against the standard and, in conjunction with the apprentice and employer, make informed judgements that clearly demonstrate that the apprentice is deemed competent against the relevant requirements of that standard.
The person & qualifications
- MCIPS membership status of CIPS
- English to at least level 2 / Maths to at least level 2 (GCSE C or 4+)
- Recent and relevant experience of working within an appropriate vocational environment or of appropriate professional updating
- (Desirable) Cert Ed/PGCE or relevant training/teaching qualification
- (Desirable) Educated to Master’s level in related subject
- (Desirable) CIPS Professional Diploma Qualification (Level 6)
- (Desirable) Assessor award (A1, CAVA, D32)
- (Desirable) Recent and relevant experience of working within an appropriate vocational environment or of appropriate professional updating
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.