Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Attendance Officer in the Southampton Area, The role of the Attendance Officer is to improve students’ attendance at lessons through partnership with colleagues, parents and students. Attendance Officers will ensure that the importance of excellent attendance and its impact on student outcomes is promoted and that students are challenged appropriately.
Hours: 37 per week, Full Time Permanent
Salary: £11 p/h
Enhanced DBS is required.
The person & qualifications
- Ability to communicate tactfully in person, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to work with autonomy, being self-confident and able to make balanced judgements when faced with difficult situations
- Ability to analyse data and interpret it to plan actions
- An extremely organised approach to work, with the ability to work
on own initiative and to manage a heavy caseload
- To contact (by phone, text and email) students and their families where students have missed lessons on the day on which they are absent
- To received referrals from curriculum areas of students whose
attendance is putting their success at risk
- To manage a case load of medium and high risk students and organize
- review meetings and Performance Improvement meetings as appropriate
- To undertake home visits with curriculum staff where necessary to reengage the most high risk students
- To collate, maintain and update data relating to activity to tackle
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted, you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.