JOB TITLE: Learning Support Assistant
LOCATION: Stamford, Lincolnshire
SALARY: £8.91 per hour + Statutory holiday pay
Are you passionate about supporting others?
Do you want an exciting new challenge and the opportunity to step into the world of Education?
QRS are working on behalf of an established Further Education College within the Lincolnshire area and are looking for Learning Support Assistants for the rest of the academic year.
You will be supporting learners with a variety of learning needs, disabilities within a group or on an individual basis within a classroom setting and sometimes in a practical setting within a further educational facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Clarify, explain, simplify, amplify and break down instructions to support comprehension
- Promote collaborative working by liaising with tutors about planned support for lessons and throughout the scheme of work
- Support teaching staff with behaviour management of individual/group sessions
- Establish positive, constructive and supportive working relationships with learners, tutors and colleagues promoting a team ethos
- Undertake personal research to gain experience/develop knowledge about specific conditions/disabilities/learning difficulties and course areas
- Complete accurate daily support records including learner reviews, one page profiles, learner agreements, target setting, E journals and pro monitor records as part of ALS audit requirements, to maintain quality and monitor progress
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and vulnerable adults
The person & qualifications
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent such as a Level 2 functional skills qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, passionate about supporting others, calm and hardworking.
- Good level of IT to support remote working and learning using a range of programmes.
We have various hours available 3 days per week between 9:00-16:15pm.
Click Apply if you are interested.