Protocol are delighted to invite a skilled Student Support Officer to deliver support to learners in Harrow.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about supporting and facilitating learners and have the drive and motivation to help individuals to progress in their careers, increase their employability and support their personal development. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in learning support, experience of teaching, and have strong organisational and communication skills in order to inspire and educate learners.
This role is offering Full-time hours and will run on a temporary basis.
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working with young people (aged 14+) in an informal and supportive environment
- Good understanding of the specific needs of vulnerable students, including Looked After Children
The role responsibilities
- Provide one-to-one welfare support, using appropriate means available, including other support services within the College and external services.
- Provide one-to-one support for vulnerable students (including Looked After Children and Unaccompanied Minors) and students facing disciplinary procedures.
- Arrange and attend PEP (Personal Educational Plan) meetings for our LAC learners whilst liaising with various external agencies.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.