We are extremely proud to be partnering exclusively with one of the UK’s leading not for profit charities who focus on supporting adults with learning disabilities. This position is to work within their apprenticeship training division where they offer a wide variety of apprenticeships and employability standards.
The Tutor/Assessor will have a strong background in delivering the apprenticeship standards for apprentices in Customer Service Level 2 and 3.
This role is to deliver Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship programmes at Level 2 and 3 to people with additional needs, delivering a high quality programme that surpasses stakeholder expectations and strengthens knowledge, skills and behaviours across the sector.
The delivery of the programme would be a mix of group workshops and 1-1 sessions with apprentices.
It will be your responsibility to support apprentices through their learning journey, from their initial assessment to successful completion of their End Point Assessment.
You will holistically assess apprentices through observing, reviewing, discussing and providing feedback on evidence produced by apprentices throughout their Apprenticeship, to support completion of the diploma, End Point Assessment and meet the needs of the Awarding Organisation.
You will report to the Programme Manager managing the Apprenticeships and Traineeships programmes across the country. You will collaborate with other Tutors/Assessors to drive efficient and effective delivery to maximise impact and share good practice through developing a robust curriculum. You will be accountable for the delivery of the curriculum including responsibility for adapting and implementing localised schemes of work to suit the needs of the caseload of apprentices for whom you would be responsible.
You will deliver all elements of teaching, learning and assessment to apprentices ensuring successful entry to gateway for End Point Assessment, this includes accredited functional skills in both English and Mathematics. Where apprentices ore eligible and are in need of additional learning support you will work with colleagues to plan and implement strategies to meet learning support needs. You will be responsible for programme reviews with apprentices and their employers.
As a Tutor/Assessor you will work with your manager and colleagues to ensure regulatory (Ofsted) and funder (ESFA) compliance requirements ore achieved and support the progress and achievement of individual outcomes.
You may be required to lead on an area of delivery to be the “Champion” for the service. This could include on area for example, Prevent/Safeguarding, quality assessment, careers guidance, employer engagement or curriculum development.
The right candidate will have a DTLLS qualification or equivalent.
• Has a full understanding of Ofsted and the Education Inspection Framework
• Be responsible for managing the assessment (formative and summative), support and progression of the individual through the agreed delivery model whilst supporting individuals to achieve identified goals/outcomes
• Complete referral paperwork and complete apprentices induction within set timescales using all available methods
• Responsible for programme reviews with apprentices ensuring progress is mode
• Engage with and input into monthly case conference
• Ensure apprentices ore progressing in English & Maths formal qualifications and achieving the required 20 % off the job learning hours
• Ensure that apprentices ore entered for exams and progressing to End Point Assessment in a timely way
• Make significant contribution to curriculum development and course scheme of work
• Deliver group and 1:1 sessions with apprentices — these could be based in Employer premises, classroom or community venue