Training Coach – Health & Social Care
FT – Permanent
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Our client is a successful skills, training and apprenticeship provider, operating nationally across the UK. Due to an increase in learners, they are looking to appoint a new Training Coach within Health & Social Care to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
To plan and deliver innovative, engaging and motivational learning sessions to our learners. Which will develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours and support them with their longer-term goals and career aspirations
- Complete highly effective Initial assessments & deliver robust information and advice to support the individual learner plan and needs.
- Offer continuous advice and guidance supporting the learner with their short- and long-term progression and employment goals throughout their learner journey.
- Complete outstanding learner and employer inductions across all courses and components of learning throughout the learner and employer journey. This is across classroom based and work-based settings.
- Plan outstanding teaching and learning sessions that develop each learner’s skills, knowledge and behaviours. This includes developing schemes of work, session plans and learner resources. For apprenticeship provision each apprenticeship requires a scheme of work, individual 1:1 session plans and learning resources for each session.
- For apprenticeship provision, ensure that the 20% off job training is clearly planned and agreed with the employer and learner and progress towards achievement is monitored & clearly recorded.
- Plan for and deliver throughout the learner journey, E&D, Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values content relevant to each learner and employer whether in an individual or group session. This covers classroom-based learner and work-based learning.
- Develop each leaners English and maths skills throughout the learner journey. This includes the delivery of functional skills as and when required or embedding these skills in each session for classroom and distance learning.
- Deliver innovative, engaging and motivating teaching and learning sessions to our learners with the objective to support them to progress through their learner journey and secure sustainable work.
- To complete innovative assessments across the learner journey using technology where appropriate.
- To ensure the marking of work and assessment are completed in a timely manner and that this is then given in both written and verbal developmental feedback to your learners.
- To proactively prepare learners for assessment which includes all End Point Assessment (EPA) requirements, portfolio assessments and online assessments as required by the qualifications and apprenticeship standards/frameworks you deliver across.
What will you bring?
- Teaching qualification at level 4 and willingness to work towards level 4
- TAQA/Assessor qualification at level 3 or willingness to work towards
- English and Maths at level 2
- Level 4 or above vocational qualification in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Evidence of Professional CPD updating
- Proven experience delivering high quality apprenticeship provision in Health and Social Care
- Experience of delivering level 4 and level 5 apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Proven experience delivering high quality classroom room-based provision in Health and Social Care
- Experience of working with learners on a 1:1 basis
- Experience of working with employers
- Developing new provision that meets the needs of learners and employers
- Experience of preparing learners for assessment e.g., End Point Assessment
- Experience of working with MIS systems and e-portfolio systems
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.