Protocol are working with a leading FE College situated in the Greater Manchester area. It is a very successful, vibrant college that is praised for its positive ethos, good student behaviour and inspiring attitude that encourages all their learners to fulfil their dreams and ambitions. Our client delivers high quality vocational training and higher education courses.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a temporary basis as a Learning Support Assistant starting as soon as possible.
- To provide support for learners with specific learning difficulties and a range of disabilities including mental health and medical conditions.
- Supporting 25 hours per week
- To identify the needs of learners and liaise with tutors/Learning Support Coordinator and other members of the Learning Support/Pastoral Team to ensure support arrangements best meet learner needs. Including referring students for other types of support within college or to outside agencies.
The person & qualifications
- Must have Level 2 Maths and English
- Must have knowledge/understanding of Education Health Care Plans (EHCP) and High Needs Learners (HNL).
- Must have experience of supporting learners in either an 11-16 or 16 environment
- Experience of using differentiation in support individual learning needs
- Must have an enhanced DBS on the update service or within 12 months (or be willing to apply for one)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.