Protocol is recruiting for an experienced Residential Support Warden in the Sparsholt area.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
Salary: 22,099 – £24,158 including 15% shift allowance (pro rata if 42 weeks per year)
The role entails working an average of 37 hours per week worked on a shift pattern of days and nights, (12-hour shifts: 4 day shifts on, 2 shifts off, 4-night shifts on, 6 shifts off). This role can either be worked on a 42 week per year basis (£20,187 – £22,067 per annum) or a 52 week per year basis (£22,099 – £24,158 per annum). 42 weeks is all term time weeks, half term weeks, and the additional weeks to be worked at an agreed time during the Summer. The fixed term position is until the end of the 2022 Summer term.
The person & qualifications & Duties
This is an active front line role, working as part of the team responsible for providing our learners (around 400) with a positive residential experience. As a key member of the Residential Support Team you will help to ensure that the learners are supported at all times. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the residential students, providing an emotionally and physically safe environment
- Be first point of contact with residential issues for learners, guardians and colleagues
- Ensuring College rules are adhered too, and learners are following the code of conduct
- Be responsible for keys and alarms in relation to the halls of residence The successful applicant will
- Be enthusiastic and keen to work with young people
- Have a good understanding of the needs of young people with the ability to guide and empathise but still retain strong boundaries
- Have a supportive and friendly manner
- Experience of working with young adults or leaners
- Teaching, youth work or counselling qualification is desirable
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.