Protocol are working with a leading FE College situated in London. It is a very successful, vibrant college that is praised for its positive ethos, good student behaviour and inspiring attitude that encourages all their learners to fulfil their dreams and ambitions. The College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for their future.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a temporary basis as a Teaching Assistant.
- To provide appropriate support for learners with a disability and/or learning difficulty or additional learning support needs, to remove barriers to learning and to promote independence and provide in class, group study skills sessions, 1-1 support for targeted learners with additional support needs.
- To implement effective support plans to detail support requirements of learners whilst maintaining records which support learners to work towards targets and monitor and review progress.
- To comply with the College’s Safeguarding policy and practices, and work in accordance with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges.
The person & qualifications
- Recent experience working with SEN learners.
- Excellent communication skills, passionate about supporting others, calm and hardworking.
- Must be enthusiastic and inspiring to learners.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.