JOB TITLE: Permanent Student Engagement Officer
LOCATION: Peterborough College
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV.
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College to recruit a Student Engagement Officer to join a fantastic team.
This is a permanent opportunity offering 37 hours per week for 38 weeks per year. Annual salary £17,237.
Acting as a College ambassador at all times, the Student Engagement Officer will ensure a safe, secure and welcoming learning environment. The post holder will provide a programme of activities that enhance the student experience in college, engaging with students in a variety of ways ensuring the learner’s voice is at the heart of the decision-making process.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Developing a positive and constructive relationship with students to enhance their personal and social education and enable them to fully participate in college activities
- Identify and challenge inappropriate behaviour responding immediately to incidents and disturbances using a range of interventions and de-escalation techniques to ensure a timely resolve
- Supporting the day Duty Principal rota
- Maintaining a strong presence and campus coverage in particular during student break times to monitor student activity in communal areas and all internal and external premises
The successful candidate will:
- Hold an up to date DSL Safeguarding Qualification or able to achieve within the first 6 months
- Have relevant Youth worker/ young people’s and Mentor level 3 qualification
- Hold a Mental Health First Aid (Youth) Qualification or able to achieve or start working towards within the first 6 months
For more information, please apply now!