Protocol are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships and training in North
Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire. As they embark on the next stage of our ambitious plans we are looking to recruit a committed and experienced Skills consultant.
- As a Skills consultant you will be responsible for building relationships with employers
across the local area with a keen focus on our existing portfolio of clients
- While account management forms a key part of the role you must be able to establish,
maintain and develop existing and new customer relationships through referrals, self generation using a variety of sales methods
- As a target focussed individual you must be capable of meeting challenging targets on
learner starts and appointments whilst maintaining the quality of our offer to employers.
- You will undertake the required administrative tasks associated with the role, such as the
coordination of tests and examinations and other record keeping.
- You will ensure effective use of the CRM database, ensuring all reports are generated in a
- Ensure all employer opportunities meet Health & Safety requirements undertaking
assessments as per the college guidelines including recording and logging all relevant
essential documentation to comply with audit & inspections requirements.
- Take ownership of the communication from the group, work with marketing to create content
our employers want to see and ensure it is promoted via the appropriate channels
The person & qualifications
- As a self-starter you have the ability to manage your own diary, working under direction to
target new geographical areas and recruiting to strict learner groups across a variety of
- You will need to possess excellent Face to Face negotiation and influencing skills
- You will need to be approachable and possess a keen interest in employee/student welfare
- With you professionalism you will take ownership of making sure that your contribution to our
reputation is always a positive one.
- Whilst you must be able to demonstrate an understanding of apprenticeships and training at
interview your experience can be from any area of business development.
- Whilst your base will be at our Rotherham or Worksop site you’ll be travelling across South
Yorkshire supporting our employer and learners at various event and client meetings.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.