Training Engineer (Electrical & Safe Systems of work)
Reports to: ASM Director
As the Training Engineer, you’ll need to:
• Devise technical training programs according to organisational requirements.
• Produce training schedules and classroom agenda.
• Determine course content according to objectives.
• Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets, exercises etc).
• Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually.
• Execute training sessions at ASM premises or at customers sites, within the UK and globally.
• Complete delegate competency assessments individually or as part of a group.
• Comply with ASM equality and diversity policy.
• Be aware and identify any issues relating to delegate safeguarding.
• Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
• Observe and evaluate results of training programs.
• Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
• Develop courses in readiness for external accreditation.
• Comply with ASM quality procedures to ISO 9001.
• Comply with external quality assurance procedures and requirements for course accreditations.
You will need to have:
• Electrical engineering knowledge educated to HNC, HND or Degree Level.
• Teaching competencies or qualifications, or the ability to work towards these.
• Experience working within electrical engineering or automotive sector.
• Be a member of or working towards membership of a registered institute (IET etc)
• Have a full UK or international driving licence.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages
• The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
• Good teamworking skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
• The ability to manage your own workload
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
• A problem-solving approach to work
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.