Protocol are working with a further education college in Hackney who are currently looking for a permanent Second in Department for Mathematics.
The primary objective of this role is to assist the Head of Learning Area in providing professional leadership and management, for Mathematics ensuring high standards of Teaching and Learning, achievement and engagement of students.
- Lead the development, improvement, effectiveness and efficiency of all areas within the Teaching and Learning role.
- Provide leadership and line management to those for whom the post-holder has responsibility.
- Evaluate the quality of the work of those for who the post-holder line manages as part of Performance Management, Professional Development, NQT or Quality Assurance programmes and give objective feedback, setting targets for improvement where appropriate.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Subject Area’s effectiveness, and make highly effective use of data to set targets, identify and tackle underachievement quickly and effectively.
The person & qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Relevant specialist qualifications and experience in your subject specialism with the ability to teach up to KS5.
- A DBS
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.