We are extremely proud to be working with a Support Provider that offer a range of work experience employment and volunteer opportunities for people with learning disabilities, autism, behavioral, emotional and social needs and other complex support requirements.
The Children’s Service Manager role is full time and permanent. There will be new Children’s Homes being built now and they will be ready to go live in February/March. However, the client wants someone to start as soon as possible to help with building up the day care provision and a Saturday Club at another nearby location.
The main duties include:
● To be responsible for the day to day operation/management of an Ofsted regulated residential provision.
● To be responsible for the operation/management of the day provision.
● To ensure the highest standards of emotional, social and physical care, promoting best outcomes for young people through research, development and partnership.
● To deliver highly motivated leadership and development to the teams for which you are responsible.
● Ensure that training is relevant, robust and effective and that the training program is dynamic, adaptive to the needs of children we support.
● To ensure that the staff team adhere to training requirements and timescales
● To develop high standards of communication with social work teams, our school leadership team, clinicians and other key partners.
● To ensure the provisions maximise resources within a planned timescale and ensure all services are delivered in a way which maximises the participation of young people, respects their rights and is responsive to their wishes and views.
● To take overall responsibility for all regulatory requirements associated with Ofsted registration and the home’s Statement of Purpose.
● To ensure all safeguarding risks are acted upon immediately and the relevant action taken to mitigate the risk.
● Communicate effectively, in a timely way with all agencies and internal reports.
● Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and at all times promote and ensure equality in practice.
● Undertake and participate in any required training programmes.
● To be able to challenge, in a sensitive way, engender collaboration for educational achievement and attainment, and foster a mutual responsibility for outcomes for all young people.
● Ensuring that the Educational needs of children in residence are assessed and provided for, liaising with our educational professionals producing Personal Education Plans.
● Ensuring that the emotional, behavioural and health needs are assessed and provided for, liaising with health and clinical professionals to produce individually agreed Health Action Plans.
● NVQ Level 4 in Childcare or Equivalent
● 3 years experience working with children in the last 5 yearsand at least 1 year at senior level
● Supervision or management experience Working with children, young people and their families Work in a residential setting
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.