Protocol are delighted to be working with a Leading Awarding Organisation within the Educational Sector. We are looking to recruit for a Finance Officer based in the Nottingham Area, to support the Head of Finance and the Assistant Management Accountant in providing a comprehensive, efficient, high quality finance function for the company.
To provide general financial administration for all of the Organisation’s companies.
- To process sales invoices, both manual and importing from external systems as necessary.
- To implement the company’s debt collection policies across all companies.
- To process prepayments and accruals across all companies.
- To process cash and banking transactions including automated receipts and payments, credit card transactions, cash, cheques and petty cash for all companies.
- To process employee expense claims for all companies.
- To reconcile bank statements for all companies.
- To process all purchasing transactions and to raise BACS transfers for approved payments to suppliers, ensuring that all payments are correctly authorised and approved.
- To manage and respond to emails received into the finance email boxes in a timely manner, escalating where appropriate.
- To assist with the processing of moderator and EPA payrolls for all companies.
- To maintain the fixed asset register in all companies.
- To provide input to the production of monthly management accounts as required.
- To provide input to the preparation of end of year financial statements as required.
- To process and analyse data in order to support costing, the claiming of funds and the provision of ad hoc financial information as required.
- To ensure appropriate security and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To provide day to day support to the Assistant Management Accountant and Head of Finance.
The person & qualifications
- Must have experience of using SAGE.
- Have up to date industry knowledge.
- Hold Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy qualifications.
- Have high levels of motivation and the ability to use own initiative.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.