Protocol are working with a London-based FE college on their recruitment for an Interim Community Arts Director. They are looking for someone to work on a fixed-term contract until July 2022. The successful post-holder will be responsible for creating and communicating a strong vision for the school and ensuring that there is an accessible programme for the community.
- To manage the curriculum, research the market, identify new areas and delivery models for development and be responsible for the implementation of learning and enterprise activities, to include evening, weekend and holiday provision.
- To provide leadership, line management, motivation and high standards of performance for all staff within the School, establish a culture of efficiency and excellence, set all staff clear performance objectives and challenge underperformance using the College’s performance management framework.
- To lead curriculum development work at all levels, using labour market intelligence and analysis of local and national community needs to ensure progression routes to employment, FE and HE, and a comprehensive leisure offer for all college learner groups.
The person & qualifications
- Able to evidence good understanding of different community sectors, and of how to engage with a range of community partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of creating links with a range of different community organisations, and of working in partnership to create appropriate progression pathways.
- Experience of working in an education setting with a proven record of effective team leadership and high quality service delivery.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.