Protocol are currently working with a Surrey-based Primary School, to help with their recruitment of an Assistant Headteacher. The successful candidate will be responsible for the specialist COIN centre, which is a purpose-built centre dedicated to children with communication and interaction needs.
- Provide senior leadership with overall responsibility for the specialist centre and ensuring excellent integration into and working with the mainstream school in the inclusion strand of the school
- Promote effective communication between the centre and the mainstream school including all staff, the leadership team and governors
- Be responsible for reviewing EHCPs and assessing children’s suitability for admission in to the centre
- In conjunction with the inclusion manager of the mainstream school exploit opportunities for the mainstream children to work with the centre children.
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN
- QTS status & 3 years teaching experience
- Successful experience as a curriculum leader in a core area
- Ability to lead whole school development and change
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.