We are proud to be working exclusively in partnership with ONCAMPUS who teach pre-university programmes leading to a wide range of undergraduate and Master’s degrees across the UK, USA and Mainland Europe. They are looking for a part time and permanent Maths Tutor to work at their Southampton site.
You will contribute to the teaching and learning of students within ONCAMPUS with the ultimate goal of securing success for all students, to Achieve More, progressing onto their chosen degree course at the partner university.
The following outline of the roles and responsibilities give a detailed but not exhaustive description of the duties pertinant to this post.
- To contribute to the development and success of the centre, supporting the strategic aims and objectives of ONCAMPUS, leading by example in accordance with centre, partner university and external standards.
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality teaching that meets the needs of international students whose first language is not English to achieve excellent student outcomes, student experience and progression.
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback, formative and summative, to help manage students’ performance.
- Report to relevant stakeholders on students as needed throughout the programme.
- Set and mark work and assessments in accordance with ONCAMPUS and/or partner university assessment and quality policies.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of programmes, materials and related
services, through active participation and involvement in academic initiatives
The person & qualifications
- Educated to degree or equivalent qualification level, in relevant subject area (Essential)
- Demonstrates competency in English language to IELTS 8.0 or equivalent (Essential)
- Master’s degree or equivalent, in relevant subject area (Desirable)
- Teaching Qualification (Desirable)
- Relevant in-person or face to face teaching or training experience in relevant subject area (Essential)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.