Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Systems Developer in the Bristol area.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000
- Proactively develop and implement performance, quality and business systems and software in order to meet college quality, efficiency, and compliance objectives. Ensure that processes are streamlined, administration is reduced, and accurate data is captured once.
- Plan and implement improvements within existing systems including but not limited to all Advanced products to ensure sector best practice performance in systems and business analysis
- Manage, develop, and provide technical support of all cross-college systems including but not limited to Advanced products (all modules), Smart Assessor etc.
- Assist the Reports Developer to develop and automate College KPI reports / dashboards that inform SLT, Heads of Department and Support Managers that underpins the management of these areas to agreed definitions, timescales, and formats.
- Deliver performance and analysis of data that supports the improvement of learner’s outcomes and monitors College progress against predefined equality and diversity performance indicators.
- Respond to ad hoc reporting requests in a timely manner ensuring that the data is accurate, relevant and presented in an appropriate format.
- Provides helpdesk support including troubleshooting, answering queries and providing technical support to college users for all cross-college systems.
- Support the Database Administrator to ensure that all student record systems are upgraded in a timely manner
- Comply with GDPR requirements and responsibilities when handling and processing data 10. Promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young persons and other vulnerable people for whom you are responsible and whom you come into contact with.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with the general level of responsibility, at the normal place of work or at any another College location.
The person & qualifications
- A degree in a relevant area (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science)
- Previous experience gained in a role supporting Business Intelligence and systems
- Knowledge of FE and HE sector and the use of data to promote effective resource utilisation and business performance.
- Proficient in PL/T/SQL and databases technologies
- Experience in developing/implementing BI reporting tools such as MS SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects
- Experience of or a strong understanding in programming languages
- Ability to use large, complex and multifaceted data sets
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted, you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.