JOB TITLE: Faculty Administrator
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £17,925 per annum
QRS is working on behalf of Peterborough College and are looking for a Faculty Administrator.
- Undertake a range of tasks related to enrolments and admission for learners in the Faculty.
- Welcome all visitors to the Reception area at the Media and Journalism Centre.
- Support at College marketing and other student facing events.
- Implementing agreed systems for monitoring learner attendance, providing reports on absence, and recording transfer and exit data to ensure records are up to date and accurate.
- Carry out a range of learner-related administration, e.g. educational visits, events, learner references and reports, to support the effective delivery of course.
- Responsible for the updating and inputting the faculty curriculum and learner information as appropriate.
- Liaise with Planning & Timetabling staff to ensure accurate timetabling for the faculty.
- Responsibility for raising purchase orders in line with College Financial Regulations and confirmation processes when the goods/services are received.
- Recording, monitoring and reconciling petty cash within the faculty and where appropriate reconciling and paying retail cash into the college cash office).
- Raise Faculty staff awareness of Financial Regulations, processes and procedures and relevant deadlines for submission of all financial related transaction.
- Assisting with the staff recruitment and interview processes.
- Support the Head of Faculty with the administration of Probationary Reviews and Appraisals reviews they are responsible for to ensure their timely completion.
- Responsibility for the recording and following procedures for staff absences and co-ordinating the holiday leave system.
- Providing efficient clerical/administrative support to the Team and Manager.
- Assisting the Manager with the administration of College and Faculty projects.
- Responsibility for the administration and compliance with College policies and procedures.
- Collecting, opening, stamping and distributing internal and external mail at regular times in order to meet post deadlines.
- Maintaining stationery stocks and ordering as and when required.
- Meeting any audit and risk requirements
- Providing a professional customer service to both internal and external customers as and when required.
- Ensuring all Faculty quality standards for your responsibilities are met and identifying any problems with the Head of Faculty.
- Demonstrating flexibility in responding to changing demands in personal, faculty or the college’s workload.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all information and data within the department both internally and externally.
- Attending Team and other meetings as and when required.
- Carrying out note-taking duties as requested and agreed by the Head of Faculty or the Faculty Administration Manager.
The person & qualifications
- Experienced administrator with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise
- Have good organisational and planning skills.
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday Friday
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with QRS. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.