Gloucestershire College is recruiting a Lecturer in Health and Social Care to join the Health and Social Care team based at the college. The purpose of this role is to create effective and stimulating opportunities for learning through high quality teaching, learning and assessment that enables the development and progression of all learners.
As a Lecturer in Health and Social Care, you will:
• Provide learning and assessment activities which meet curriculum requirements and the aims and needs of all the learners
• Establish a purposeful and motivating learning environment where learners feel safe, secure, confident and valued
• Develop, establish and promote peer and self-assessment as a tool for learning and Progression
• Refer learners to information on potential current and future learning and career opportunities and appropriate specialist support services Skills and Experience:
• Relevant professional experience in health and/or social care
• Previous experience of teaching Health and Social care or related subjects
• Knowledge of own specialist area is current and appropriate for the teaching context.
• PGCE, Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.