JOB TITLE: Cleaner
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £9.29ph + Statutory holiday pay
To undertake cleaning duties in college buildings on the main campus and other off-site buildings in the IEG group. Each cleaner will be expected to clean a designated area, including corridors, offices, classrooms, toilets and food preparation and eating areas as appropriate, to the correct standard.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- To undertake a defined variety of cleaning tasks to ensure that the designated area is clean to an acceptable standard.
- Standard areas may involve but not be limited to cleaning of corridors, stairwells, classrooms, offices, toilet replenishment, toilet cleaning, food preparation and eating areas and other communal areas.
- Some designated areas may include specialist areas such as the nurses room, Nursery, print room and various laboratories, salons, and workshops. Tasks will be defined and specific instruction given for these areas, including health and safety instructions where necessary.
- To respond to reasonable additional tasks set by the Estates Co-ordinator including carrying out deep cleaning and cover for colleagues
- To accept changes to standard routine when requested. This may involve a change of area, a change of the tasks defined in that area or improvement of standards.
- To comply with all health and safety instructions.
- Train in the use of and use a range of cleaning equipment. (Floor scrubbers, power washers, etc.)
- Engender a strong team ethos, which promotes a positive, can-do attitude across the department.
- Maintain excellent standards of customer care and provide a flexible and responsive service to all users.
- Contribute to the development of IEG Group’s Strategic Aims, Objectives and Values.
- Perform duties to a high standard and to ensure that quality assurance and improvement processes are implemented successfully across the College, particularly those relating to own role.
- Participate in and make an appropriate contribution to the College’s planning and review processes.
- Undertake continuing professional development as appropriate. Which means taking a full part in the IEG staff development programme, including departmental and role specific training, and the IEG appraisal process.
- Commitment to safeguarding and taking a shared responsibility to promote the welfare and a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults learning within the group.
- To carry out such duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
If you are interested in this role then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.