Protocol is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Science Technician to assist in the preparation of learning areas for practical work and to supervise and maintain specified areas and maintain a stock of and to issue consumables to staff in accordance with needs.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
The person & qualifications
- Level 3 in relevant discipline
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English
- Practical knowledge to repair and/or modify equipment/resources
- Maintaining a stock of equipment/resources
- Keeping accurate records of equipment/resources
- Use of IT Spreadsheets / data base
- Use of technology in teaching areas
- Delivering a high standard of service
- To assist in the preparation of learning areas for practical work.
- To have nominated responsibility for the supervision, and maintenance of specified areas.
- Issue consumables and resources to staff and students in accordance with faculty/divisional policy.
- Maintain a stock of consumables in accordance with faculty/divisional needs.
- Install, maintain, modify and repair as necessary, faculty resources and equipment and facilities.
- Maintain a record of resources and equipment.
- Participate, as requested, in the setting up of displays and demonstrations for open days, marketing events and exhibitions.
- Lift, move and transport equipment and materials when required.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.