We are working with a private skills and training provider to recruit for an exceptional Employability and Functional Skills Tutor Assessor.
Our client’s purpose is to help and empower people to improve their lives. They work across sectors to match people and jobs, combining expertise in recruitment, employability and training.
Responsible for the training & Assessment of regulated and non-regulated training with specific focus on Basic Skills (English, Maths, & Digital Skills), Employability, and Personal & Social Development.
The primary responsibility of the Tutor/Assessor is to develop, prepare, deliver, assess, and evaluate qualifications whilst ensuring that contractual and compliance requirements for the delivery of programs are met.
Please note this role will be delivered remotely and you are not required to attend an office premises.
- Developing, Training, supporting, and assessing a range of Basic Skills and Employability training programmes such as Functional/Basic Skills, Employability, and Personal & Social Development programmes.
- The establishing and thereafter the maintaining of an effective partnership with learners, and other key stakeholders, that promotes the achievement of their learner’s qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
- Compliance with ESFA, GLA, FE Partners, and other authorities with respect to policy and procedure associated with Teaching, learning and assessment.
- Compliance with ESFA, GLA, FE Partners and Awarding Organisation with respect to administration documentation.
- Accurate and full completion of learner start review and completion paperwork.
- Administer and mark initial assessments when required to do so.
- Complete Awarding Organisation documents related to qualification registration and achievement.
- The development of Individual Learning Plans for each learner that fully supports the agreed timescales of either their NVQ or qualification or the individual elements or overall programme.
- Maintain records of Individual Learner Progress by way of regular progress reviews in line with company and ESFA guidelines.
- Manage your own diary so that you effectively support your caseload of learners from start to finish of their training programmes.
- To understand, comply with and promote the company’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
- To understand, comply with and promote the company’s diversity policies and procedures.
The person & qualifications:
- Has previous experience in similar job role.
- Has previously taught at this level.
- Has relevant teaching qualifications.
- Ability to engage, motivate and inspire learners.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.