Job Title: Assistant Professor in Computer Science
Salary: £38,000 – £50,000 DOE
Location: Central London
We are currently working with a prestigious higher education institution in central London to assist in finding a full time Assistant Professor in Computer Science.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to contribute to the research conducted by this institution, alongside lecturing, allowing you provide the latest information to students.
You will be working for a higher education college that offers a unique and broad liberal arts-inspired curriculum with highly personalised teaching. They have a reputation for delivering an excellent university experience, and while the College is yet to appear on traditional university league tables, it has exceeded the majority of UK institutions, in both undergraduate results and student satisfaction ratings. They are currently undergoing an exciting period of growth.
- You will conduct research that contributes to the college’s reputation in areas relating to Artificial Intelligence.
- You will build on the Univeristy’s strength.
- You will teach related courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- It will be desirable if you have proof of applied and/or interdisciplinary strengths.
- You will have a PhD, or equivalent professional experience, in a relevant area of Computer Science, with a focus on either Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence.
- You will be able to demonstrate, through evidence, an excellent ability to adapt and innovate.
- You will be flexible and capable to teach at a variety of levels, in a variety of subject areas.
- You will be able to develop excellent educational provisions for students.
- You will be willing to undertake further CPD.
- This is predominantly a campus-based role, however a hybrid working arrangement could be available.
- Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance (excl. Bank holidays)
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Pension schemes and private healthcare (optional)
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.