Protocol are pleased to present a great opportunity for a dynamic A Level Biology Teacher to join a forward-thinking College in Nottinghamshire to teach, challenge, support and coach further education students.
You will need to possess a teaching qualification, a degree in Biology or a related science degree and have a good knowledge and teaching expertise of the A Level Biology curriculum. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate evidence of working flexibly, collaboratively and effectively to enable learners to excel.
It is essential that you have the ability to build productive relationships, display excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills and demonstrate a flexible and learner-centred approach. You must be able to evidence good understanding of the craft of teaching and coaching and what approaches secure outstanding outcomes for learners. You will be a highly self-motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess excellent communication, teaching and coaching skills and be able to demonstrate proven and positive impact on learners’ outcomes.
This position is based in Mansfield for 3 days per week, to begin in December on an hourly paid basis.
- Ensure a high-quality learning experience is taught that enables learners to make swift, good progress.
- To implement approaches and techniques that are bespoke to the needs of students.
- To work collaboratively including the sharing of resources with mathematics colleagues in order to secure excellent outcomes for learners.
- To assess learners accordingly to agreed assessment stipulation.
- To attend team meetings to review learners’ progress, agree specific teaching approaches, plan specific interventions and the impact of these actions with the intention to ensure all learners excel.
- Set and monitor targets with learners to consistently support their progress and achievement of at least their minimum target grade.
- To help implement the College’s quality improvement processes, contribute to evaluative quality assurance reviews and the self-assessment process and subsequent planning.
- To set high expectations of learners and maintain appropriate standards of learner behaviour and their attitudes to work including the setting of and review of independent work outside the classroom.
The person & qualifications
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLs) or equivalent, e.g. Certificate in Education/PGCE
- A Degree in Biology or related Science (e.g Biochemistry, Biomedical, Natural Science0
- Recent and relevant experience of teaching and coaching learners aged 16-18 in further education settings
- Evidence that you are able to apply effective, flexible approaches to teaching and coaching with different levels and learner cohorts
- Demonstrate robust experience and knowledge of teaching and coaching to a Sports cohort
- Level 2 (minimum) qualification within English and Maths
- A DBS on the update service (or willing to apply)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.