JOB TITLE: Lecturer – Brickwork & Construction
SALARY: £24,898 – £31,399 per annum
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
QRS are working on behalf of Stamford College to recruit for a Lecturer in Brickwork and Construction on a permanent basis, 37 hours per week all year round.
Working hours are 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm on a Friday.
You will be required to teach and assess on a range of Brickwork & Construction courses from Level 1 to 5 and other related programmes. This role includes course co-ordination.
The successful candidate will hold:
- A qualified teacher status (or willing to work towards achieving within an agreed timeframe)
- Level 5 or higher level qualification in relevant subject
- Level 3 (or equivalent) Brickwork qualification
- Minimum of Level 2 Literacy & Numeracy
- Assessor Award (A1/TQA/CAVA) (or willing to work towards one within an agreed timeframe).
Your role will consist of but not be limited to:
- Be responsible to the Head of Faculty and Assistant Principal Curriculum (SP/T Levels) for an agreed teaching programme in Brickwork & Construction Skills and other related areas determined within the prevailing conditions of service.
- Teach Brickwork & Construction Skills programmes but may be required to teach on any other course offered by the College for which the post holder is appropriately qualified.
- Work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area.
- Develop course materials, schemes of work, group profiles etc. as required and make these available prior to course starting dates and are made available through the College’s shared information systems.
- Deliver academic tutorials to provide students with feedback on progress and formative guidance on how to improve performance to assure success.
The College offers many good employment benefits including 30 days holiday entitlement plus Christmas close down (or additional payment for hourly employees), access to the Local Government Pension scheme, and many on-site benefits and facilities, including a gym and on-site nursery. This position will be based at our Peterborough Park Crescent site.
For more information, or if you would like to apply for this role then please email, firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter.