Protocol are delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Support Worker to work at a modern progressive Further Education College based in Leeds.
This college is one of the leading FE colleges based in West Yorkshire with over 7 campuses across the region. The college has very good facilities across all the sites including easy access parking, food facilities and more. The college is very ambitious and has been graded GOOD by OFSTED with some areas even close to or graded as OUTSTANDING.
We are looking to recruit the best talent. We want to hear from individuals that are passionate about education, are highly motivated, enthusiastic and have a commitment to learner achievement and success. This is a superb opportunity, offering high job satisfaction and generous benefits!
- Work closely with programme tutors and 14 -19 Mentors, in supporting individual students or groups of students who may demonstrate emotional and behavioural problems.
- Support teaching staff where individual student behaviour within a group is impacting on the learning of the group as a whole.
- Collaborate with programme tutors and 14 -19 Mentors, to develop learning strategies and practices for pre-16 pupils including, individual and group student support strategies.
The person & qualifications
- A level 2 qualification or equivalent including literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate training and/or a willingness to undertake training in supporting the needs of disengaged/disadvantaged students who may have emotional and behavioural problems.
- Able to manage challenging behaviour.
- Experience of working with schools, parents and external support agencies.
We are looking to interview immediately. If you are interested in working at this fantastic college and are available for interview, please apply with your CV and daytime contact number.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.