Protocol is recruiting for a Specialist Exams Officer on a full time basis in the UB8 area of London.
You will need an Enhanced DBS Ideally on the update service
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000
Hours: – 36 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
The person & qualifications
- Additional training around SEND legislation & Examination Protocol
- Experience of working within an Exams team in an education setting
- A current understanding of the JCQ guidelines and ability to advise curriculum staff of the Awarding Body and JCQ requirements
- An understanding of the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND Code of Practice
- Collecting and co-ordinating the completion of paperwork for all students who are eligible for access arrangements.
- Communicating with students, feeder schools and parents in relation to existing or proposed access arrangements.
- Liaison with Learning Support, Examinations Manager, teaching staff, external professionals (e.g. educational psychologists, CAMHS etc) and other educational settings.
- Ensuring that Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) deadlines are met.
- Organising and managing student files ensuring required evidence is up-to-date, in preparation for JCQ inspection.
- Attending regular meetings with the Inclusion Manager/SENCO and the Specialist Teacher Assessor. Updated Sept21
- Develop and improve existing processes and systems relating to access arrangements.
- To facilitate the application and approval of exam access arrangements for students across the school
- To liaise and attend any relevant courses to gain information with regards to Exam Access Arrangements, as required by the JCQ
- To complete and submit applications for Exam Access Arrangements in a timely manner to meet Awarding Body deadlines in liaison with the Exams Officer
- To ensure that learners have approval for appropriate Access Arrangements in place for their exams within the regulations of the Awarding Bodies
- Provide completion of records notably the Form 8s Forms 1 etc. in a timely, responsive manner at a very high standard for inspection
- Give advice, guidance to teaching staff to evidence the ‘normal way of working’ in the classroom to establish information for student
- Undertake Dyslexia Screening, to assess students ’ reading comprehension, reading speed, accuracy and legibility scores and recommend appropriate teaching strategies
- Contribute to the strategic planning process to ensure this takes account of emerging issues and developments.
- Be proactive in putting in place procedures and driving forward the practice to evidence success of the procedures.
- Contributing on a team basis and the post holder must be capable of working as a member of a team with a flexible and adaptable approach and may be asked to undertake some learning support intervention on
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.