JOB TITLE: Events and External Liaison Officer
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £20,491 per annum
QRS are working on behalf of the Peterborough College.
The Events & External Liaison Officer will part of a small but fast paced marketing team and will be key in delivering our internal and external events by providing and professional and outstanding experience to support our student recruitment activities.
- Coordinate the delivery of an effective school events calendar from classroom presentations and assemblies to careers events and workshops, to support recruitment and transition advice and guidance: delivering engaging presentations/workshops, ensuring appropriate staffing, preparing resources, collating event material etc. This may be done in person or virtually.
- Build effective relationships with key school contacts and delivery partners to maximise promotional opportunities and build essential links with schools.
- Work with curriculum as a school link person to build connections, provide experience opportunities to school students, and help enhance the schools’ liaison delivery.
- Play a lead role in the development and promotion of college events for different age groups for example, Year 10 tasters, Open Events, Awards Events, Careers Events etc. and take responsibility for the effective communications of these events both internally and externally.
- Coordinate the Colleges participation at external careers fairs and organise activities for internal taster days and open events to effectively engage school leavers and parents with the opportunities available at Peterborough College.
- Develop and nurture relationships with careers advisors and key school contacts to ensure effective knowledge and understanding of the opportunities available at Peterborough College is available.
- Implement strategies to measure the impact of participation at external events and the effectiveness of internal events on recruitment. Undertake an evaluation process for all promotional events and work with the Head of Marketing on development plans to improve future events.
- Research data available on the demographics of the College’s feeder areas in order to inform marketing focus with particular focus on widening participation and meeting recruitment objectives.
- Review, monitor and evaluate on a regular basis the effectiveness of events i.e. from enquiry to application to enrolment, analyse attendance, gather feedback etc.
- Press release writing for use on digital media, newspapers, case studies etc.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Undertake additional duties, on behalf of the Marketing, Student Recruitment & Careers Manager, that may be required in order to meet the College’s overall strategic objectives and stand in for colleagues, as necessary to ensure the College is represented at internal and external events.
- Deliver, promote and support good practice in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion, and compliance with the IEG policies and procedures.
- Commitment to safeguarding and taking a shared responsibility to promote the welfare and a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults learning within the group.
- Promote and consistently exemplify behaviours in line with IEG Core Values.
- Co-operate with, promote and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and responsibility for own health and safety.
- The post holder will normally be expected to use their knowledge, skills and experience to deal with work problems, prioritise their workload and take decisions commensurate with their post and its level of responsibility.
- Any other duties that are reasonable and commensurate with the level of the post as required and following consultation with the postholder.
The person & qualifications
- Level 2 qualification in IT
- Minimum of Level 2 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Recent experience in working in marketing or events role
- Experience of working with external agencies and marketing to different audiences
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
30 days per year, plus bank holidays and discretionary days.
Local Government Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date 10th January 2022