JOB TITLE: Electrical Technician
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY: £18,400 per annum
CLOSING DATE: 04.01.2022
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College on a full-time permanent basis.
To provide practical support and assistance to the curriculum section regarding equipment, stock, and other duties that are relevant to specific areas.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Help and assist lecturing staff in providing and undertaking practical and vocational learning activities for learners.
- Check, maintain and where possible repair equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe and well-organised environment in the workshop.
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of files, both manual and computerised.
- Maintain stock levels and provide accurate and current inventories of tools, equipment and materials as required by your Line Manager.
- Attend meetings as required by your Line Manager.
- Participate in risk assessments of practical activities.
- Ensure the clearing away, cleaning and safe storing of appropriate equipment and materials after use.
- Supervise students undertaking practical work, visits, examinations/other assessment, etc.
- Support staff and students in the use of specialist equipment.
- Supervise the activities of learners to ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, eg COSHH.
- Undertake First Aid duties, as and when required.
- Undertake minor maintenance work as appropriate to ensure the safe and uninterrupted use of accommodation, equipment and resources. Where necessary, arranging for the repair of accommodation/equipment in accordance with approved procedures.
The person & qualifications
- Good general level of education including Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths
- Level 2 qualification related to the curriculum area
- Level 2 IT qualification
The College offers many good employment benefits including 30 days holiday entitlement plus Christmas close down (or additional payment for hourly employees), access to the Local Government Pension scheme, and many on-site benefits and facilities, including a gym and on-site nursery. This position will be based at our Peterborough Park Crescent site.
The working hours for this role are Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5pm, Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please email CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org