Learning Resources Administrator ( Full Time Permanent )
Protocol are delighted to be working with a great institution in the London area to find a perfect candidate for the role – have you got what it takes?
The aim of this role is to provide front line support to students and staff in the promotion and use of all learning resources provided for by the College. This includes, but is not limited to, the Virtual Learning Environment (“VLE”, the college currently uses Canvas as their Virtual Learning Environment), digital tools (Zoom, Panopto, Turnitin, etc.), digital libraries, and subject specific software. The post holder will provide specialist advice and support to professional services on student engagement, surveys etc.; and academic staff on the creating and adding of digital learning materials to the VLE. The role will work closely with colleagues within the college and the Resourcing and Operations team to ensure that services are in line with the college’s teaching strategy and service quality.
This is a full time permanent role and predominantly a campus-based, however a hybrid working arrangement could be available.
Salary- Up to £30,000 Per Annum- Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance pro rata (excl. Bank holidays), group life assurance, group income protection, pension schemes and private healthcare (optional).
- Handling day-to-day administration of the VLE, including content changes, user registration and management, enrolment, performance monitoring etc.
- First line of support for VLE queries from students and staff, liaising with colleagues across different teams at the college such as Registry and Student Support and Development.
- Becoming an in-house expert on the learning platforms – providing help, support and insight to stakeholders.
- Testing and monitoring changes to our platform and ensuring we meet our quality assurance and accessibility requirements.
- Continually monitoring the student experience and providing early intervention when needed.
- Ensuring consistency and quality of learning materials across the platform.
- Regularly review the use of data within the VLE, including access and permissions and quality of that data.
- Creating training documents for stakeholders and delivering training to new students and staff on the various learning platforms.
- Contribute to the development and promotion of relevant IT applications in library/ learning resources to support learning.
- Management of memberships in physical libraries (Senate House Library, City of London Libraries), arranging library tours and inductions, and the key point of contact with the library.
- Administrative management of existing online resources and subscriptions.
- First line of contact for requirements and procurement of digital resources via our partner institution.
- Ensure that the law of copyright is observed and that appropriate licenses are in place, and that the copyright policy is adhered to by staff.
- Reviewing student feedback and initiating / making recommendations to address concerns raised by students and staff.
The person & qualifications:
- Extensive administrative experience with Virtual Learning Environments
- Experience with digital library administration and copyright law
- Contribution to a platform implementation project, that included collaboration, teamwork and working to a timeline
- Comfortable with systems and platforms administration and development projects
- Excellent attention to detail, with accuracy and sensitivity to data
- Excellent communicator
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Creative and quick thinker, with ability to work calmly under pressure, and problem solve
- Strong IT and Microsoft suite skills
- Experience, and a genuine interest, and understanding of providing an excellent student experience in learning resources
- A team player who is flexible and adaptable, whose focus is providing a quality service to the College
- Self‐motivated and able to proactively attend to role requirements
- Ability to work closely and form positive working relations with all stakeholders
- Administrative experience with Canvas
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.