Apprenticeship Tutor – ( Full Time Permanent )
Protocol are looking for an Apprenticeship Tutor working with students within the London area; preferably somebody with experience with apprenticeship framework and EPA. The post-holder has responsibility for the engagement of students and their employers with apprenticeship programmes and maximising students progress and achievement. The perfect candidate will have the advantage of working in the comfort of their own home as this position is fully remote whilst working with learners taking management apprenticeships
Salary – £25,000 – £40,000
- Act as the main point of contact for studentsensuring that students have an accurate view of the programme and its delivery arrangements, and that students are appropriately safeguarded.
- Participate in programme delivery, notably: Involvement in induction; leading,on-campus and remotely, scheduled learning reviews and assessment with students in the workplace; provide support and guidance in the development, review and maintenance of a learning plan that underpins the student’s apprenticeship programme.
- Support both face-to-face and on-line study including facilitating: Reflection; the undertaking of personal development; effective learning skills; directing students to resources and learning portals.
- Provide pastoral support to maximise each student’s’ engagement with their apprenticeship programme.
- Facilitate progression and achievement of allocated students/cohorts by:
- Reviewing progression and achievement data;
- monitoring implementation of the learner commitment statement including the employer’s commitment to providing time for off-the-job activity;
- liaison with the line-manager and others in the employing organisation to support the implementation of knowledge in the work-placeand development of skills and behaviours;
- recording progress and achievement;
- advising on the development of the portfolio and towards and preparation for the gateway and end-point-assessment.
- Identify students at risk of not progressing and/or achieving and work with the employer and Henley colleagues to implement remedial actions.
- Communication as required with the employing organisation’s human resource/organisation development in liaison with Henley’s account manager for that employer.
- Liaise with the programme Director(s) and academic staff to ensure high levels of integration between delivery of the academic programme and development of skills and behaviors’; attending workshops as required and appropriate.
- Use data to benchmark progress and achievement of both students and cohorts of students and identify and act on trends as appropriate.
- Work with programme administration colleagues to ensure that rolement is effective, programme records are complete and activities compliant with ESFA, EPAO and employer requirements.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders including employer clients and end-point-assessment organisations.
- Work constructively across teams to improve services and professional practice.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge in order to improve practice and maintain contractual compliance; attend training and development sessions.
- Share good practice across the team of Apprenticeship Tutors.
- Use judgement and effective communication to determine when to escalate issues to the senior apprenticeship tutor and/or other colleagues.
The person & qualifications:.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a similar job jole
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with students.
- Committed to quality.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm approach.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.