Job Title: Permanent Early Years Skills trainer Assessor
Salary: £26,363 – £29,625 per annum
Hours: 37 hour per week, all year round
QRS are currently recruiting on behalf of Peterborough college for a permanent early years skills trainer, assessor. This is a permanent role working 37 hours per week, all year round.
To provide assessment, coaching and mentoring support to apprentices and work-based learners in the relevant apprenticeship framework or apprenticeship standard to achieve timely success. Working as part of the wider Academy team to provide a professional and quality service to apprentices, work-based learners and their employers in assessment of any relevant qualifications appropriate to the apprenticeship or work-based programme.
Facilitating regular performance development reviews with the apprentice and their employers providing the required coaching and support to ensure the apprentice achieves their full apprenticeship / work-based learning successfully.
Working flexibly to meet the assessment, skills and behavioral development needs of the apprentice / work-based learner both in College and at employer sites at varying times throughout the learning programme as required.
Preparing the apprentice and/or work-based learner for successful achievement in their required assessments.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Be responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work based-learners and to develop, plan and deliver quality assessment to meet the requirements of the qualification or apprenticeship framework/standard.
- Confirm that the scope of the apprentice / work-based learner job role meets the range of the work-based qualification to support the successful achievement of the programme.
- Accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the PRC provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- Assess apprentices/work-based learners in a timely manner using a wide range of methods that challenge and motivate learners to achieve, providing timely and constructive verbal and written feedback acknowledging strengths and giving a clear understanding on how to improve.
- Champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and actions to support learner achievement of their short and longer term goals.
- Take accountability for apprentices to achieve their learning and development objectives in a timely manner to contribute to increases in achievement and timeliness rates for the College’s provision.
- Regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
- Plan and regularly monitor learning and development progress by working collaboratively with relevant parties involved in the apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes.
- Maintain accurate records (paper or electronic) of; assessment; employer and learner activity; and learner achievement, compliant with funding rules, awarding organisation and College guidelines.
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and CV through to email@example.com