Skills Coach ( Full Time – Temporary )
Protocol are looking for a Skills Coach in a vibrant part of Newcastle; please look no further if you are wanting a new role within an institution working hard with students.
This is a full time temporary position for three months with the possibility of a permanent position at the end of the term.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic skills coach to join a passionate teaching and learning team. In this role, you will provide support for learners who require additional support such as academic progress or in wellbeing. You will also work closely with lecturing staff and other support staff to implement a wide range of support mechanisms that will assist individual learners to progress successfully through their studies.
Salary – £25.00 – £30.00 Per Hour plus holiday pay.
- To deliver screening and initial assessments of students, including being part of the learner journey such as KIT days, induction, completion of skills checks and monitoring distance travelled; to lead and deliver high quality student casework services.
- To provide learners with information, advice and mentoring/coaching support to assist their development; to liaise with senior members of staff within the institution.
The person & qualifications:.
- Knowledge of working with individuals with learning difficulties or providing teaching assistance with literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to motivate learners of all ages and backgrounds.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with students.
- Emotional resilience with working with challenging students.
- Ability to use own initiative and work collaboratively.
- Committed to quality.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm approach.
- Educated to Level 3 – 7or vocational equivalent.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.