Protocol are delighted to be working a College based in the Richmond Area. The College is built on their shared expertise in adult learning and their commitment to the needs of adults and communities that need further educational or tailored opportunities to develop the skills to thrive and achieve their potential. The college was shortlisted for adult community learning provider of the year in 2021 in the Tes FE Awards.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity to join them on a Temporary part-time basis as a Counselling Lecturer.
You will be part of the teaching team who deliver on a range of Counselling, Personal Development and Mental Wellbeing courses, starting from level 2
The person & qualifications
- DTLLS /PGCE/Cert Ed, or Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training,
- Experience of teaching and assessing (any subject area) at Level 2 or above
- A Counselling Qualification
- A therapeutic counselling qualification (450 hours) at Level 4 or above
Ideally the candidate will:
- Be a current practitioner with 2 years supervised counselling practice or a minimum 450 counselling hours
- Hold a Supervision qualification or have 1 year experience of providing supervision to groups or individuals in a counselling setting
- 10 hours of personal therapy
- Be a member of a professional association for counselling or psychotherapy
- Complete 30 hours per year CPD activities
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.