Subject Librarian – Full Time -Permanent
We are seeking to recruit a Subject Librarian based in the Bournemouth area to join our friendly library team, supporting the full range of academic and research activity within the University. The post holder will participate in the planning and delivery of information literacy teaching and training sessions on library services, and also developing digital content as well as in person teaching.
- Help to develop innovative services to meet the changing needs of researchers and staff across the University.
- Have responsibility for an area of the Library service
- Need to be enthusiastic in contributing to our students’ educational experience and supporting our academic staff
- To be accurate, organised and able to prioritise workloads within a busy environment.
- Ideally also have an understanding of the HE sector and previous experience within a similar environment.
- Need to have a degree level qualification and must hold a recognised postgraduate qualification in Librarianship/Information science.
What’s on Offer?
- Hours = Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 5pm and Friday 8:30 – 4:30
- Salary – 31,406 per annum
Working with us brings opportunities, unlike any other workplace. We value our staff, doing all we can to help you develop and adjust in our creative and vibrant environment.
Incremental Salary Scheme
With annual cost of living increases.
AUB employees automatically become members of either the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (academic staff) or the Local Government Pension Scheme (professional services staff) (unless they choose not to).
Grade I-III: 25 days (pro-rata for part-time contracts)
Grade IV+: 35 days (pro-rata for part-time contracts)
You’ll also get statutory holiday entitlement (pro rata for part time).
Looking after our People
Pensions, pay and holiday entitlement are all important, but it’s the little things that often add up to make a big difference. Here’s a handful of some of the other benefits we offer:
- Eyecare Scheme
- Annual savings scheme
- Moped/Motorbike Loan Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme – buy a bike at a reduced rate.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please call 0115 911 1218 for more information or send your CV to email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your a