We are proudly working with one of the UK’s leading Training providers who work closely with a number of the worlds leading universities helping to support and educate international students. They are on the look out for a Business Programme Leader.
This role leads the academic delivery and team of tutors for a particular programme or subject area. In support of objectives, the Programme Leader is expected to work closely with the partner; develop, maintain and improve the delivery of programmes, with responsibility for academic quality decision making; maintain an up to date knowledge of academic rules and regulations and accurately implement them; ensure the planning and delivery of courses meet the needs and expectations of all stakeholders (students, university partner, sponsors, agents etc); contribute to meeting or exceeding progression targets; ensure excellence in day-to-day-operations and build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
• Plan, prepare, and deliver up to 15/ hours of high-quality teaching, learning, and assessment each week.
• Model quality teaching, as a leading teaching practitioner in the subject, to colleagues to enhance quality teaching e.g. peer observations.
• Contribute to the day-to-day academic management of the programmes to ensure excellence at all stages of learning is met via a variety of processes (including the development of pre-arrival modules and other resources, placement tests, embedding of the Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy, performance tracking and reporting, etc.).
• Contribute to and ensure key quality standards are met via a variety of processes (including moderation meetings, responding to external examiner reports, periodic programme reviews, borderline meetings, QAA Higher Education Reviews & Annual Monitoring visits, and other key quality assurance activities).
• Provide a comprehensive student induction programme/ university experience.
• Review and update and implement the tutorial programme.
• Ensure that systems are in place for formative tracking and with tutors and management closely monitor student progress ensuring interventions are put into place where required.
Operations & resource management
• Contribute to the day-to-day operational management of the centre by a variety of methods (including arranging cover for teaching staff, curriculum planning, ensuring high teacher utilisation and effective use of non-utilised teaching time, communicating staff and resource needs for the subject to achieve
maximum efficiency and value for money).
• Ensure clarity and high professional standards in all communication with staff and other key stakeholders.
• If needed, support marketing initiatives e.g. videos and promotional activities and agent visits.
Student experience and welfare
• Ensure high quality student experience and progression by co-ordinating, participating in, and reviewing engagement activities with partner University.
• Contribute to high quality student achievement, experience and wellbeing by being highly responsive to feedback, counselling students about progress and progression options, liaising effectively with stakeholders, documenting steps taken, decisions and outcomes.
• Support the attendance/behaviour monitoring processes by following up with students and issuing verbal and first warnings, or escalating where required
Teacher development and support
• Actively engage in the professional development and performance management of reporting tutors to ensure high standards in their teaching and CPD incl. appraisals.
• Provide coaching and counselling to support the wellbeing of reporting tutors.
• Ensure trainee and new-joiner teachers are appropriately trained, monitored, supported and assessed.
• Assist in all stages of tutor recruitment incl.: shortlisting, interviews and inductions.
• Co-ordinate team meetings, clearly communicating organisational and centre goals & address follow-up actions which contribute to achieving operational and academic excellence.
• Ensure HR and payroll requirements are met for reporting tutors e.g. approving timesheets and managing leave requests.
• Master’s degree or equivalent level qualification
• English language qualification to IELTS 8.0 or equivalent (if applicant is a non-native English speaker)
• Teaching qualification
• Extensive teaching experience ideally including teaching international students
• Educational leadership experience
• Teacher training experience
• Experience of quality management is desirable
• Ability to develop teaching resources to a professional level, to meet the needs of students without compromising course aims and objectives
• Manage in an educational setting
• Ability to build strong, positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to positively influence others
• Ability to analyse assessment data, together with information about students’ prior attainment, to establish benchmarks and set targets for improvement
• Ability to produce concise summary reports and present these as requested
• Ability to co-ordinate and develop a programme team
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Effective communication, both written and oral
• Strong IT skills, particularly the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Moodle (or other VLE)
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.