A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual who is qualified to teach Electrical Engineering to join a forward-thinking College in Nottinghamshire to teach across a range of courses in Electrical Engineering. The primary focus will be teaching on courses from Level 2 and 3 to full-time employed students. The department has recently seen a large investment and has an outstanding relationship with a pioneering company in robotics, machine automation and digital services, who are elevating the engineering equipment to world class levels.
You will be required to use your expertise to provide a high quality learning environment within the School of Engineering and Transport Skills and work closely with the Head of School to ensure this delivers the strategy of the college. You will work in a demanding and rewarding environment with young people and adults and this will require a flexible approach. Ideally you will have recent and relevant industrial experience and be looking to take the next step in your career or be a graduate/newly qualified teacher. You will be a highly self-motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess strong presentation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate achievement of targets.
The role would welcome applications from anyone who feels they have a strong electrical background and would like to move into teaching as a full time profession.
The hours of work will be up to 37 hours per week on a flexible basis. You will be entitled to 32 days leave, plus bank holidays an up to 4 concessionary days. The college operates a contributory Average Salary Pension Scheme (Teachers’ Pensions). The salary will be within the Qualified Delivery Scale, £27,500 to £35,360 per annum.
- To co-ordinate, design, deliver and develop programmes of study for a groups of learners in college.
- To implement approaches and techniques that are bespoke to the needs of students.
- To develop best practice in learning, teaching and assessment ensuring standardisation and continuity.
- To act as a personal tutor to a group(s) of learners and co-ordinate tutorial support liaising with subject teachers.
- To attend team meetings to review learners’ progress, agree specific teaching approaches, plan specific interventions and the impact of these actions with the intention to ensure all learners excel.
- Set and monitor targets with learners to consistently support their progress and achievement of at least their minimum target grade.
- To keep up-to-date with curriculum initiatives, development of standards and general developmental and professional issues relating to the delivery of learning in your area.
- To set high expectations of learners and maintain appropriate standards of learner behaviour and their attitudes to work including the setting of and review of independent work outside the classroom.
The person & qualifications
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLs) or equivalent, e.g. Certificate in Education/PGCE.
- Level 3 (minimum) qualification within relevant vocational sector.
- Current experience of delivering learning in an educational sector.
- Evidence of delivering high quality and effective learning experience.
- Recent experience of working within a Electrical Engineering environment
- Evidence that you are able to apply effective, flexible approaches to teaching and coaching with different levels and learner cohorts.
- Level 2 (minimum) qualification within English, Maths and IT.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.