Protocol are delighted to invite a skilled Work Skills coach and placement support officer to support the development and implementation of the College’s strategy by developing and delivering support for student employability skills development helping preparing them for extended work placement and employment related activities with close cooperation with the Work Experience team.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about creating an exciting and motivating session plans, and careers resources such as CV writing, interview practice and have the drive and motivation to help adult learners to progress in their careers, increase their employability and support their personal development. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in supporting learners, and have strong organisational and communication skills in order to inspire and educate adult learners.
This role is offering 36 hours per week hours and will run on a basis.
Job title: Work Skills coach and placement support officer
Hours: 36hours per week
Pay rate: £24-£27k
Start date: ASAP
Contract length: FTC 18months
The person & qualifications
- Working professionally with learners in an educational setting in a diverse and inclusive community
- Working with learners to support career education, planning and progression
- Of providing impartial careers education and guidance
- Helping learners to be successful in work placements to support progress from FE into employment.
- Providing one to one and group employability skills development and careers work
- Assisting learners in identify the skills required to progress towards their career goals
- Working to clear policies and procedures
- Of working with on-line resources and of developing new materials
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs